Category Archives: local news
went to the county fair today
brought back some old memories from my 4-H days
found the Democrats booth where they were giving away $50 ‘just for signing up’
found the Republican booth where they were giving away a flag ‘just for signing up’
the Libertarians left me alone … sign me up
via Eastern Iowa Carry [you can find ’em on Facebook]
2 weeks from yesterday we will meet to open carry without contention at Godfathers Pizza Town and Country. Please remember this month is on a TUESDAY not the usual Wednesday. Please invite everyone who says they have something to do on Wednesdays.
if my calculations are correct this means July 23
@ this Godfather’s Pizza
3647 1/2 1ST AVE SE
CEDAR RAPIDS, IA 52402
- access to the honey-do list is hereby globally revoked
- beginning the address change process – most likely will no longer be a TX state resident. Interim family project flunky/gopher status.
- found a rifle I reeeeeeaalllly like … found a price tag I reeeeeaally don’t like
- truck transmission uses a quart of tranny fluid every 3-500 miles. no evidence of leak.
- found yet another hospital staffed with power hungry inconsiderate inept morons
- faced with the possibility that my right front paw including trigger finger will be inop for the foreseeable future
- beginning off hand training asap / way too late
- found a new place to go shooting – private range time in 4 hour blocks for 20 bucks less than 10 miles from the gun safe seems like a deal.
- this spring weather sucks donkey balls
- The Bear turned 12 last week
- there’s a bell tower near the church …. could go either way, haven’t decided yet.
to be sneezin’
opened all my presents early … a good gift should be something you need and can use
KotHDL and her Mini-Me pulled out all the cookbooks and loaded up the table with all the goodies they could think of, but I had no appetite and the antibiotic induced vomiting kept me out of the buffet line all weekend.
I hope everyone had a better holiday than I did.
overheard today at the steakhouse
no bacon on that….
say whaaaaaat ???
yup there are aliens among us
with almost 3 months spent in www exile I’m a bit behind on current events.
in local news ….HARVEST THE DAMN CORN ALREADY !!!! THE COWS ARE HUNGRY!!!!
I like corn-fed steak but I’m sure glad someone else is getting up at 5am to make it happen.
I headed north a couple weeks back to help DogHouseDan with some of his excess firewood. The [holy crap its raining again, wind, humidity, heat] less than ideal weather continues with floods just northeast of here. However the streets in town are mostly open and I think everyone has power again.. knock on wood
I have some pics to upload but in the meantime here’s a decent article with some video
there was another storm that knocked out power a couple days ago [after we returned the borrowed generator] and there is more debris in the street again today following overnight rains. The last few bits of weather would have been a lot less damaging if all the trees weren’t already wounded. And folks missing bits of their homes tend not to enjoy even a light rain.