word of the day
1. having the property of transmitting rays of light through its substance so that bodies situated beyond or behind can be distinctly seen.
2. admitting the passage of light through interstices.
3. so sheer as to permit light to pass through; diaphanous.
4. easily seen through, recognized, or detected: transparent excuses.
5. manifest; obvious: a story with a transparent plot.
6. open; frank; candid: the man’s transparent earnestness.
7. Computers. (of a process or software) operating in such a way as to not be perceived by users.
8. Obsolete. shining through, as light.
Inigo Montoya, political analyst