Category Archives: firearms
neither rain nor snow …..sleet…in April ….
had some longtime friends of the family in town from Oklahoma a few days ago. Of course before lunch was even over one of them was passing around her new gun for ooohs and aaaahs. Specifically a newly acquired .38 revolver for anti crazy boyfriend carry.
the weather was uncooperative so it was a short ..very short …. trip to the farm for some quickie target practice in the sleet/rain/wind.
dunno who her ex-boyfriend is… but if he’s still walking around it’s because she ain’t shot at him yet. I took the targets down, and those holes were not there when I put ‘em up.
just a tip for anyone going shooting in this wonderful spring weather .. shoot your revolvers .. chasing brass in the wind and rain is a pain.
Is it wrong that I want a selector switch labelled:
groovy/diet coke/Dr Evil
I mean that EBR didn’t spend 12 years in Evil Rifle School to be called Mr Evil
I watch too much tv…..
- access to the honey-do list is hereby globally revoked
- beginning the address change process – most likely will no longer be a TX state resident. Interim family project flunky/gopher status.
- found a rifle I reeeeeeaalllly like … found a price tag I reeeeeaally don’t like
- truck transmission uses a quart of tranny fluid every 3-500 miles. no evidence of leak.
- found yet another hospital staffed with power hungry inconsiderate inept morons
- faced with the possibility that my right front paw including trigger finger will be inop for the foreseeable future
- beginning off hand training asap / way too late
- found a new place to go shooting – private range time in 4 hour blocks for 20 bucks less than 10 miles from the gun safe seems like a deal.
- this spring weather sucks donkey balls
- The Bear turned 12 last week
- there’s a bell tower near the church …. could go either way, haven’t decided yet.