Category Archives: bloggy stuff
found this pic on FaceBook (can’t make the link work)
Looks familiar, I’ve seen that snarl somewhere before….
- access to the honey-do list is hereby globally revoked
- beginning the address change process – most likely will no longer be a TX state resident. Interim family project flunky/gopher status.
- found a rifle I reeeeeeaalllly like … found a price tag I reeeeeaally don’t like
- truck transmission uses a quart of tranny fluid every 3-500 miles. no evidence of leak.
- found yet another hospital staffed with power hungry inconsiderate inept morons
- faced with the possibility that my right front paw including trigger finger will be inop for the foreseeable future
- beginning off hand training asap / way too late
- found a new place to go shooting – private range time in 4 hour blocks for 20 bucks less than 10 miles from the gun safe seems like a deal.
- this spring weather sucks donkey balls
- The Bear turned 12 last week
- there’s a bell tower near the church …. could go either way, haven’t decided yet.
Wish I was attending COGS ….I’ve managed to miss it AGAIN grrrrrr
Hope the rain, lightning, etc passes them by this weekend
Maybe someone will post some pics
I’ve been gone a while. Hard to find new stuff that doesn’t either add to my frustration or depression. Usually someone else posts it and does a better job of it anyway.
Family stuff is pretty much calmed down, my winter cough has been taken to the new DR and springtime is here.
Blog-shoots are coming up and gun shows need to be visited.
Gotta do my permit renewal soon and get back to doing some training.
Added some new links to the blogroll and should do some more spring cleaning on the sidebars.
Many thanks to Bob S. for putting it all together. We hope the Mrs S. is feeling better this morning.
We arrived a bit late, but I have it on good authority (KotHDL grew up in the DFW metro) that Pioneer Parkway was not in the right spot last night.
The food was good, the staff was friendly and helpful (“are y’all here for the Gun-Thing?”) and the lights were bright.
Got to see some old friends again and got to meet some new folks as well. I’m thinking we need to attend more of these meet-ups so I can pick the Gunbloggers out of the crowd quicker, …although in my defense, I was partially blinded by the light and disoriented from the U-turns.
Now, as soon as I can figure out who all was there (I’m terrible with names) and which blog they belong to, I’ll have to do some maintenance and add some names to the ‘Bloggers I’ve met’ sidebar….
Partial list of folks that braved the frigid Texas winter weather last night
reposted from 3 Boxes of BS
Posted by Bob S.
Looks like the 23rd wins and we’ll call it 7 p.m. at Campo Verde in Arlington.
The light display really has to be seen to believed so I encourage everyone in the area to come out for this.
Located: 2918 W. Pioneer Parkway, Arlington, TX 76013
Telephone # 817-275-7003
Please pass the word and let’s have a large turn out. I’m looking forward to it.